A lot of Nigerians are now learning how to sell foodstuff and other products online. With the emergence of internet services, virtually anyone can have their own store in no time at all. However, what do you need to know to start an online grocery shop successfully?
Nigeria is one of the largest consumer markets in Africa, and online shopping will soon grow as more people get online. If you have an online store that sells foodstuffs like pasta, sugar, etcetera, it will be far easier to sell a product to a customer who wants that exact item.
Are you considering starting an online grocery store? This article will give you step-by-step instructions on how to do so with ease.
An online grocery store is a website that specializes in selling consumer goods, such as food and non-food items to customers. Online grocery stores tend to be larger than typical convenience shops. However, there are some smaller e-stores on the internet that sell only a few brands of specific goods. E-stores tend to have more selections of regular grocery goods.
The vast majority of Internet users are aware of online grocery shopping, and more than one in three has purchased groceries online at least once in the last year. There are currently tens of thousands of online grocery stores that sell groceries. Many websites and food retailers have become popular since the advent of the Internet.
How to set up your online grocery store in Nigeria
1. Choose a name for your online grocery store.
- Choose a web platform for your online grocery store. There are many eCommerce platforms to choose from, such as Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento. Ecommerce platforms are great if you’re already familiar with the platform and are planning to use it for multiple projects. If you don’t have a store yet or are looking to start fresh, there are also eCommerce websites you can purchase, such as Shopify.com and BigCommerce.com.
- When creating an eCommerce website, consider your budget. Is this something you want to do yourself? Or do you want to hire a professional team? If it’s the latter, budget for development fees, maintenance fees, and other costs that may arise during the course of your online business.
Determine if you will own the store or if it will be an investment that could earn a profit down the road. If you plan to sell the product, be sure that all prices match local or national sale prices, as it may not be the same.
Many entrepreneurs make the mistake of hosting their website on a free website, leaving them with little to no earnings.
Here are some app-based Shopify alternatives that can help you build a grocery store easily and efficiently.
Windo is an app-based online store creator and one of the best Shopify alternative
- Windo is an app-based online store creator that makes it easy for anyone to create and manage a professional-looking online store.
- Windo provides everything you need to get your online store up and running, including a custom domain name
- With Windo, you can create a store in minutes, without any technical knowledge.
- Windo offers a wide range of features, including a customizable template system, built-in SEO, Marketing Pixels, and powerful merchandising, This makes it an ideal platform for online stores of all sizes.
- Windo also offers a wide range of features to help you manage your online store, including order management, shipping, and tax calculation etc
- Windo offers a free plan as well as a 14 day free trial of its premium features. This makes it a great option for those who are looking to build a grocery store or online store but are not sure if they want to commit to a subscription.
- Available on IOS, Android & Web.
Ecwid is an app-based online store creator
- Ecwid is also an app-based online store creator that helps you set up and manage your store from your phone or computer.
- Ecwid makes it easy to create and manage your online store on your phone or computer.
- Ecwid is a free app-based online store creator.
Boutir is an app-based e-commerce store creator
- Boutir is an app-based e-commerce store creator that makes it easy for anyone to create and manage a professional online store.
- Boutir’s user-friendly platform enables users to quickly create and customize their store, add products, and start selling.
- Boutir offers a wide range of features, including unlimited products and categories, automatic tax etc
Vepaar has the right tools for you to create and run your business page, and seamlessly interact with your customers anytime, anywhere.
- Vepaar makes it easy to create and manage your business page & store, so you can connect with customers anytime, anywhere.
- Create eCommerce store and upload your product catalog on WhatsApp in just a few clicks and start collecting online orders right away.
- Vepaar is available on ios, android and web